CLICK HERE for a Coronavirus COVID-19 Update
Patients on long-term medication can order repeat prescriptions in a number of ways:
- Online- we encourage the use of online requests for repeat prescriptions. For more information about this service and how to register see below.
- By hand- Drop your repeat slip into one of the boxes provided at the surgery.
- By post- remembering to enclose a stamped addressed envelope if you want us to post it back to you.
The practice does not accept telephone requests for repeat prescriptions.
Please allow 48 working hours between requesting and collecting your medication.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a clinician at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
There is further information about prescription exemptions on the NHS website.
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.15
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £105.90
- 3-month PPC: £29.65
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription pre-payment certificates on the NHS website.