Online Prescription Ordering
You can order your repeat prescription in the following ways:
- Patient Access or NHS account/NHS App. - this is the easiest way to order repeat prescriptions as the request goes straight to the surgery. https://www.patientaccess.com
- Repeat Prescription Box - post your 'repeat medication slip' in one of the boxes provided in reception at either surgery.
- Post your 'repeat medication slip' to us - please ensure the envelope is clearly marked "Repeat Prescriptions - VSG"
- Write clearly on a piece of paper the items of medication you require and post in one of the boxes provided at the surgery
- Additional Postboxes can also be found in Farndon Pharmacy and the Nisa Store in Holt. These postboxes have a daily collection.
Please order your medication in a timely manner, ensuring you have enough medication to see you through bank holidays or time spent away from home.
Generally 4 working days from receipt to collection is required. The following is a guideline.
Please Note: the practice does not accept telephone requests for repeat prescriptions.
English Patients - Prescription Information
All prescriptions are set up to go electronically to a Pharmacy (see information on EPS)
Where you have not specified a Pharmacy, the closest one to you has been selected as your nominated pharmacy (e.g. Well Tattenhall, Farndon Pharmacy or Waverton Pharmacy). If you are not sure where your prescriptions are set to go to or wish to change your nominated Pharmacy, please contact the reception team at the surgery.
Welsh Patients - Prescription Information
All prescriptions for patients who are over the age of 60 years and who live in Wales, are not set up to go electronically to a Pharmacy (see information on EPS)
If you are under the age of 60 years and live in Wales, all prescriptions will have to be collected from Farndon Surgery.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
There is further information about prescription exemptions on the NHS website.
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.65
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £111.60
- 3-month PPC: £31.25
- The hormone replacement therapy (HRT) PPC costs £19.30 and will save you money if you need more than 2 prescribed HRT items in a year.
The HRT PPC is only for HRT medicines licensed to treat menopause symptoms, but you can use it regardless of why these medicines are prescribed for you. Find out more about the HRT PPC from the NHS Business Services Authority website.
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription pre-payment certificates on the NHS website.
How to manage your inhaler stock at home
Did you know you don’t have to order your inhalers every month if you have enough stock at home?
So, what do you need to do?
- Check your stock before you order more.
- Check your inhaler dose counter (only available on certain inhalers) that will change to red when there are "20" doses left, this will help you manage your repeat prescription ordering.
- Don’t waste your inhalers by spraying a test dose. To check the inhaler is not empty, shake the canister or look at the dose counter.
- Please tell your pharmacy that you have enough inhalers if your pharmacy orders your prescription every month on your behalf.
- Ensure that you go for regular asthma or COPD reviews at your GP practice to check you are using your inhalers correctly.
There is more guidance on the link below, including how long an inhaler should last you before you need to reorder.