What is a Carer?
A carer is anyone who cares, unpaid, for a friend or family member who due to illness, disability, a mental health problem or an addiction cannot cope without their support.
They’re here to make sure that no matter how complicated your query or your experience, you don’t have to care alone.
Telephone Helpline is available on 0808 808 7777 from Monday to Friday, 9am – 6pm (excluding Bank Holidays) or you can contact them by email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cheshire and Warrington Carers Trust are the lead provider for the service. They have resource centres in Northwich, Chester and Ellesmere Port and provide the core elements of the service including:
- Carers Helpline Monday to Friday 9-5
- Benefits advice, form filling and advocacy
- Events for Carers throughout the year highlighting Carers Week and Carers Rights Day
- Regular Luncheon clubs
- Monthly support groups
- Well-being days
- Carers training programme
- Carer awareness training for professionals
- Personal Budget to enable carers to take a break
- Carers in Crisis Fund
- Weekly drop ins at each resource centre
Telphone: 0300 102 0008
See some additional service provides from Carers Trust for Cheshire residents below.
Carers Trust North Wales Crossroads Care Services is the leading provider of emotional and practical support for unpaid carers and the people they care for across North Wales. We are a registered charity, and a network partner of Carers Trust which is a national organisation of local charities.
Carers Trust North Wales:
- provides services within the diverse region of North Wales which responds to the needs of carers and the people they support, offering them peace of mind and understanding.
- works with carers and other stakeholders to influence service innovation and growth.
Telephone: 01492 542212
Cheshire West Carer Support Service is an organisation that provides information, support and advice to Carers aged 18+ across the borough of Cheshire West and Chester. The service comprises seven local organisations who, between them, offer a comprehensive range of support which includes; events, courses, groups, training, advocacy, benefits advice, and much more.
Telephone: 0300 102 0008
Crossroads Together is a registered charity dedicated to providing information, advice and practical support to unpaid carers of all ages and the people they care for. We offer services across Cheshire, Herefordshire, Greater Manchester and Merseyside.
Telephone: 0333 323 1990