Quitting is the best thing you'll ever do
Stopping smoking can make a drastic improvement to your lifestyle and health in ways you might not expect. Once you stop smoking, some of the benefits are immediate and some are longer-term.
Reasons to Quit
There are many good reasons to give up smoking:
- Smoking causes premature wrinkles. Quitting keeps you looking younger.
- Giving up smoking stops brown teeth and bad breath.
- People who have quit smoking feel less stressed.
- Your breathing and general fitness will improve.
- Your sense of taste will return and you will enjoy the taste of food more.
- Your fertility levels will improve, along with your chances of having a healthy pregnancy and baby.
- Quitting smoking increases your sex drive.
- You will save money – use the cost calculator on the NHS smokefree website to work out how much you could save
Cheshire Change Hub - Quit Smoking
Cheshire Change Hub, run a Quit Smoking service for eligible patients.
Eligible patients include:
- Patient with an enduring mental health condition
- Patients registered as having COPD
- Patients who are pregnant
- Patients aged between 13-18 years old
Once you have been referred, your smoking cessation practitioner will be able to discuss the best way to stop smoking and will guide you through the range of options that can help you to quit for good.
Giving up isn’t easy, but you’re 4 times more likely to quit smoking with Cheshire Change Hub than going it alone. Getting support in the early days of quitting is essential, so their advisors will meet with you for up to 12 weeks to ensure you’re successfully smoke-free.
They will provide you with up to 12 weeks of free nicotine replacement therapies, and will be on hand to check-in and see how you’re doing.
Here are some quick quit smoking aids that can help you get started.